14/12/2018 by Rich Levy 0 Comments
Warming and Healthy Lunch Recipe: Chicken Stir Fry
Looking for a warming, healthy and filling lunch idea? How about trying my easy and quick to prepare recipe of Chicken Stir Fry? It takes you only 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. Here's my recipe...
Below ingredients are for 2 serves:
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Ginger, thumb size
- 250g chicken
- 75g carrots
- 100g red bell pepper
- 100g tender stem broccoli
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 100ml boiling water
- 1/2 tsp corn-starch
- 230g protein noodles
- 100g sugar snap peas
HOW TO COOK MY CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or frying pan on a medium heat.
- In the meantime roughly chop the onion and add to the pan. Cook the onion for 1 minute.
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger and add to the pan for 1 minute.
- Cut the chicken into chunks, add to the onion, garlic and ginger, in the pan and cook for 4 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown.
- Grate the carrot, roughly chop up the pepper and add to the pan. Cook for 1 minute before adding the sugar snaps and broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes. Now add the soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Dissolve the chicken stock in boiling water, then dissolve the cornstarch in the stock. Add this to the pan (10tbsp = roughly 100ml) and simmer for 3 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- 1 minute before the serving add the protein noodles (which you have cooked) and mix in.
- Enjoy the dish!
I hope you love my Chicken Stir Fry recipe as much as I do. Let me know what you think.