23/08/2018 by Rich Levy 0 Comments
Easy Steak Salad Recipe
This steak salad is so fresh, light and delicious that you will probably want to have this regularly. And it takes only 15 minutes to prep and cook this recipe.
2 serves / prep time 5 minutes / cook time 10 minutes
2 tsp Olive Oil
320g Sirloin Steak
Salt and Pepper
100g Red Onion100g Baby Cherry Tomatoes
2tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
30g Feta Cheese
How to cook the steak salad
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan at a medium heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking in the pan, then leave to one side to rest.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the red onion. Run under water for one minute.
- Halve the tomatoes. Peel, halve and then slice the cucumber.
- Add the sliced onion, cherry tomatoes and cucumber to a mixing bowl along with the rest of the olive oil and apple cider vinegar then mix.
- Chop up the feta cheese and add to the salad mixture, then gently toss the salad before plating it up
- Cut the steak and serve on the salad.
Tips and tricks
- If possible, get the steak at room temperature before cooking it. This will allow the heat to gets into the middle of the steak more efficiently.
- Your pan should be hot when you start cooking the steak, to get a caramelised steak.
- To avoid eating a tough steak you can cook the meat medium rear to medium. Depending on the thickness of the steak a medium rear can take a quick 3 to 4 minutes’ sear on each side.
- To get a juicy steak leave it to rest on a plate after you have cooked it, for about 5 minutes.
If you have tried my steak salad recipe leave a comment and let me know how it was.