07/03/2019 by Rich Levy 0 Comments
Mediterranean Vegan Buddha Bowl Recipe
If you haven’t had a Buddha Bowl until now, get ready to find your new favourite lunch dish. Besides being a colourful, fun and creative food, Budda Bowl is also delicious, full of veggies, proteins, grains and nutrients. Moreover, one of the reasons why this type of dish became so popular is the fact that it’s so easy and quick to prepare. Here’s a delicious recipe for a Mediterranean version of the Buddha Bowl.
Ingredients you need for this Buddha Bowl recipe
For the roasted chickpeas, you need:
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 250g of can chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp of dried basil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
For the quinoa, you need:
- 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of water
For the Buddha Bowl:
- 2 cups of mixed field greens (the darker the better)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved (use the plum cherry tomatoes for more flavour)
- 2 cucumbers peeled, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper (without stem & seeds)
- 1/2 cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup of Homemade hummus (if you don’t have time to make homemade hummus you can buy hummus, just make sure you buy a good quality one)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of paprika or 1/2 tsp of chili powder
Start by draining & rinsing the chickpeas and then removing the skins. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment sheet
In a bowl mix the chickpeas with olive oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread the mix in a single layer on the baking tray and bake for approx. 30 min. Make sure that you stir the chickpeas after the first 15 min. Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool slightly.
While the chickpeas are cooling, mix the quinoa and water in a small pot and cook it on a stove.
Finally place the greens, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, olives, chickpeas, and quinoa in a bowl or a plate. Make sure you leave a section on the middle of the plate / bowl where you should add the hummus. To serve you can drizzle some olive oil and add the paprika / chilli powder on top of the hummus. Enjoy!